As you experienced it, N26 implemented Strong Customer Authentication. As a result, our service was under maintenance.
Good news is: we made a specific development that allowed us to get the connections back up 💪
To get the connections back up, follow these steps:
1. Connect to Bankin', pull down your Accounts page to update them
2. A message will appear saying that N26 asks you to authenticate
3. Click on the message to trigger the Authentication (a green wheel will appear 🔄)
4. N26 App will send you a notification that you'll have to click on
5. You'll be redirected to the N26 app to complete your authentication
Then, get back to Bankin', your accounts will be synchronized!
This authentication will be available for 90 days. You'll have to do it every 90 days.
If you don't receive the N26 push notification, here is another development done by our tech team:
6. Click again on the Bankin' message which asks you to authenticate on N26
7. A Screen will ask you for a code. You should receive it in an SMS.
8. Enter the code received by SMS in Bankin'
Synchronisations should work again 💪
We are aware this process is not ideal but we already are in conversion with N26 to make it seamless as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience 🙏
If you're stuck, contact the Support Team & tell at which step number you're blocked, we'll help you.